- Sound. Often, I use my computer to listen to music. Or perhaps video files embedded in a page. Your ads interfere with this. Stop it.
- Pop-overs. Oh, good god people. I'm trying to read a web page, and you think jumping infront of what I'm reading will endear you to me? I angrily search for that close button, without even looking at the ad content.
- Dialog-box imitators. Somehow, I doubt my operating system is going to pop up a box that alerts me to a million dollars I may have won. I especially don't think my Mac is going to pop up a Windows dialog box. You're preying on the ignorant, and the fact that I see your ad implies that you think I'm one of them.
- Excessive Animation. This includes motion, color flashing, and anything else designed to be distracting and attention getting. Hey, guess what, it works. I notice your ad. I notice your ad because it ANNOYS me. Hence, I add you to my list of vendors I will never do business with. Stop it.
- Spam. Your unsolicited junk email is named after a meat product produced out of the parts of animals you don't want to know exist. Nuff said.
- Comment spam. Like regular spam, but in blogs. Same problems apply.
To reiterate, I will not do business with anyone who attempts to advertise in this manner. Be professional, respectful, and creative, and I'm far more likely to click on your ad to purchase something than if I were annoyed by it. Then I'll click the ad just to cost you money.