At any rate, the retouching I did on this doesn't scale down well; the details make it interesting, otherwise it just looks like a blurry photo. The basic process involved duplicating the base layer, desaturating and blurring between 10-25 radius using Gaussian(RLE). I then combined the desaturated layer with another copy of the original using a Darken Only combination. I repeated that several times, trying various methods of combining different versions of that same process, eventually using an Overlay. Finally, I took the result and Overlayed it over the original and voila.
Not that most of you care so just look at it. Warning- I didn't scale it down, it's a 4.5MB image.